Resolve QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6190 -816
Quickbooks Enterprise Support Phone Number
Can be Reached anytime
QuickBooks Error 6190 816
QuickBooks Error 6190816 is an enterprise-level data error that comes up when the company data file can’t be accessed by the multiple users in the single-user mode or trying to use the company data file (.qbw) on another computer system without its transaction log file (.tlg). The message text that accompanies the QuickBooks Error 6190816 is “QuickBooks Enterprise 2019 was unable to open the file [path] on host computer”.
When does QuickBooks Error 6190 816 occur?
- When the Computer System crashes frequently while running.
- An active program window crashes when the QuickBooks Error 6190816 pops-up.
- Windows operating system responding time is very slow.
- Clicking the keyboard key and navigating with the mouse cursor doesn’t give a prompt result on the Windows desktop.
- When the computer system briefly hangs up at any point in time.
- QuickBooks Error 6190816 can show-up when the Windows is in use or during the installation of any software or program.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6190 816
- When the multiple users try to open a company data file in a single-user mode.
- Failure of updating the company data file in another computer system without updating the transaction log file.
- When there is a variation between the transaction log file and the company data file.
- Also, the company data file is available in read-only mode.
- The least probable reason among all is that the company data file is corrupt.
How to fix the Error 6190 816?
Method 1: Work with the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Go to the Run as Administrator option to work with the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- There will be two options on the desktop, Network Connectivity, File Damage & Network Connectivity.
- Pick the latter option which checks, and then get rid of all the corrupt or damaged company data files to fix the QuickBooks Error 6190816.
- Press your admin password when it is asked for on the desktop.
- Answer with yes if the company data file is used on the server, otherwise no if the workstation is in use.
- Now click on continue to proceed further, and now check if the issue is corrected or not.
Method 2: Rename the Files
- At the start, ensure that the computer system in use is the one where the files of the company are saved.
- Find the company data file i.e. [company file name].qbw.nd and transaction log file [company file name].qbw.tlg with the same names but different extensions located in the company data folder.
- Pick the rename option by right-clicking on the company data file, and then rename the company data file or just put (.old or -old) in its previous name.
- Now rename the transaction log file by using the same procedure.
- Exit the computer system and then try to log in to the company data file after opening the Quickbooks Enterprise 2019.
Method 3: Check the Single User Mode
- All these multiple users must be logged out of the QuickBooks Enterprise 2019, who were trying to access the company data file in the single-user mode
- Now restart all the computer systems.
- Go to the source of the company data file and from there copy that file to the desktop or any other location.
- Then move the company data file copied to the source location, also change the read-only mode option if that is on.
- In the end, sign in to Quickbooks Enterprise 2019 and see if the QuickBooks Error 6190816 is resolved or not.
Method 4: Quickbooks Enterprise 2019 updating
- For starters, close the company data file and Quickbooks Enterprise 2019.
- Now right-click the QuickBooks Desktop bar and choose the Run as Administrator menu.
- Ensure that “No Company Open” is on the desktop.
- Select the Help menu, and then snap-on the “Update QuickBooks” and “Options” button.
- Press the “Mark All” and “Save” bar.
- Click the “Update Now” button, press the “Reset Updates” bar and “Get Updates” tab.
- Then close the QuickBooks Desktop window after the update download is over.
- Now install the updates by snapping-on the “Yes” toggle.
- Finally, when the QuickBooks Desktop update finishes then restart the computer system.
Method 5: Update the Windows
- Firstly, uninstall the Quickbooks Enterprise 2019 and then choose the “Start” button and type “Update” and in the list click on either “Windows Update” or “Check for Updates” toggle.
- If the important updates are available then see its information, and fill up all the check-boxes to install every Windows Update.
- Restart the computer system once the Windows Update is installed, and then install the Quickbooks Enterprise 2019 again.
Method 6: Install Database Web Manager
- After installing the Database Web Manager, Restart the computer system having the company data file.
Method 7: Use the QuickBooks Auto-Recovery Data Tool
- This process often leads to some data loss, so backing-up company files are very necessary before using the QuickBooks Auto-Recovery Data Tool.
These methods correct the QuickBooks Error 6190816 completely. But if these errors are still a hindrance then there must be a different matter causing it, so contact the QuickBooks Enterprise Support now. The technical support representative at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number will provide the brief required to correct all the technical issues smoothly.